Jalur Gemilang

Bloody AdSense

My Alibi - only on Take180.com

Friday, May 2, 2008

Raja Petra released after 2-hour "interview"

RPK, who runs the Malaysia Today on-line, said the Commercial Crime Division of Bukit Aman had asked him to make a statement with regards to his posting headlined "Let's send Altantuya murderers to Hell".
He refused to make that statement, of course.
The cops gave up (for now, at least) after two hours.
RPK was accompanied by his lawyer, YB William Leong, the MP of Selayang.
Scores of journalists, bloggers and Malaysia Today supporters waited at the entrance of the Bukit Aman.
The MP of Wangsa Maju, YB Wee Choo Keong, arrived just after 5pm. After a brief discussion with Marina, RPK's wife, Wee told her he would try and meet the cops. He asked me to accompany him. Wee took offence when the sentry on duty stepped in front of him and blocked his progress with an elbow.
"Wah, is this a police state now? I don't think we are a police state. Are we a police state?" Wee challenged the sentry's superiors. He said the sentry treated him like a criminal.
"If you can do this to an wakil rakyat," he continued, "what chance does the average citizen," he said, pointing at me, "your guard there will kick him out, hah?"
That's YB Wee for you!

Raja Petra said the cops still had his lap top and computer. He confirmed that he was being investigated under Sedition Act.

"For two hours they tried to make me make a statement. I refused. They threatened to charge me for refusing to make a statement. I told them, go ahead and arrest me or release me right now. And i told them that if they let me walk, I don't want to see their faces again."

Go to www.myblog-tv.com for our own Yew-Tube.

No comments:

Nuffnang ad